Linundus Kinabalu Headline Animator

NOTIFICATION FOR THOSE PARTICIPATING THE POLL SURVEY

(Note: Protect and Preserve your 'Kadazan' and 'Dusun' identities. Read the articles published HEREand HERE and participate in the survey Poll located at the top right-hand column of this page.)

Friday, April 17, 2009

A sad but True Love Story

One fine day, an old couple around the age of 70, walked into a lawyer’s office. Apparently, they were there to file a divorce.

The lawyer was very puzzled, after having a chat with them, he understood their story….This couple had been quarrelling throughout their 40 over years of marriage and nothing ever seemed to go right.

They held on because of their children, afraid that it would have affected their up-bringing. All their children have already grown up, have their own family, there’s nothing else the old couple have to worry about, all they wanted was to lead their own life free from all the years of unhappiness from their marriage, so both agreed on a divorce.

The lawyer was having a hard time trying to get the papers done, because he felt that after 40 yrs of marriage at the age of 70, he couldn’t understand why the old couple would still want a divorce.

While they were signing the papers, the wife told the husband,

“I really love you, but I really can’t carry on anymore, I’m sorry.” “It’s ok, I understand,” said the husband. Hearing this, the lawyer suggested a dinner together, just the three of them. The wife thought, why not, since they would still be friends.

At the dining table, there was a silence of awkwardness.

The first dish was roasted chicken, immediately, the old man took the drumstick for the old lady, “take this, it’s your favourite.”

Looking at this, the lawyer thought maybe there was still a chance, but the wife was frowning when she answered, ‘This is always the problem, you always think so highly of yourself, never thought about how I feel, don’t you know that I hate drumsticks?”

Little did she know that, over the years, the husband was trying all ways to please her, little did she know that drumsticks was the husband’s favourite. Little did he know that she never thought he understood her at all, little did he know that she hated drumsticks even though all he wanted was the best for her.

That night, both of them couldn’t sleep, tossed and turned, tossed and turned…after hours, the old man couldn’t take it anymore, he knew that he still loved her, and he could not carry on with his life without her, he wanted her back, he wanted to tell her, he’s sorry, he wanted to tell her “I love you”…

He picked up the phone, started dialling her number. The phone was ringing non-stop. He never stopped dialling.

On the other side, she was sad, she couldn’t understand how come after all these years, he didn’t understand her at all, she loved him a lot, but she just couldn’t take it anymore. The phone was ringing; she refused to answer knowing that it’s him. “What’s the point of talking now that it’s over. I have asked for it and now I want to keep it this way, if not I will lose face.” She thought. The phone was still ringing…she decided to pull out the cord.

Little did she remember, he had heart problems…

The next day, she received news that he had passed away…she rushed down to his apartment, saw his body, lying on the couch still holding on to the phone…he had a heart attack when he was still trying to get through her phone line.

As sad as she could be…she began clearing his belongings. When she was looking through the drawers, she discovered this insurance policy, dated on the day they got married, and she being the beneficiary… And clipped together in that file, there was this note…

“To my dearest wife, by the time you’re reading this, I’m sure I’m no longer around, I bought this policy for you, though the amount is only $100k, I hope this will help you and I still can continue my promise that was made when we got married. I might not be around anymore, I want this amount of money to continue providing for you, just like the way I would if I could have live longer. I want you to know that I will always be around, by your side… I LOVE YOU SWEET HEART”.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment